MAGA: A Political Heresy


I am admittedly not a Trump fan, and as a historian it is my opinion that the US has always had great potential, but has always been a mixed bag. Our only arguable greatness has been the diaspora of many nations seeking a home here. The ideas of liberty, freedom, and the American dream constitute our greatness. These things have faltered under current iterations of Right Wing nationalism, which Trump and his Make America Great Again (MAGA) slogan engenders.

Trump has been largely an economic protectionist (contrary to 20th century Republican free-market principles) and he has been closed-minded on the one thing that makes us significant in the global community: immigrants. The current Republican party, in my opinion, is a heresy of true Republicanism. It seeks autocracy and not real representation (from which Republican shares its etymology). It should be renamed the Trumpublican Party or the MAGA Party. Funny enough that MAGA sounds kind of like maggot. There you have it, the Maggot Party.

 


Lol!

I still hold my membership in the Republican Party, but I doubt it will last beyond the mid-terms.

Comments

Popular Posts